Any depiction of great sages in Hinduism is not complete without rudraksha beads strung around their necks and hands. Considered to be one of the most auspicious manifestations in the Hindu culture, the rudraksha serves as a holy connection to Lord Shiva.
The Rudraksha tree is unlike any other in its abundance of spiritual myths and stories and Scriptural allusions. Its beads have been highly sought, for centuries due to their curative and enchanted abilities.
Rudraksha, also known as Elaeocarpus Ganitrus, gets its name from the Sanskrit terms for Shiva (Rudra) and eyes (aksha).
The spiritual and healing significance of these herbal beads is extensively discussed in ancient spiritual books like the Shiv Purana and the Devi Bhagwatam.
The value of a bead is based on its mukhi, which includes its colour, size, shape, and number of incisions or faces. As a result, its value in the treatment of various diseases may be better assessed. Healing occurs on all levels of a person's being when using Rudraksha beads.
There are 21 types of rudrakshas from 1 mukhi rudraksha to 14 mukhi rudraksha, each with its unique powers and we are going to be looking into the origin, benefits, and power of the 5 mukhi rudraksha.
Know About Various Panchmukhi Rudraksha Benefits
1. General Benefits
The Rudraksha Tree produces predominantly five-sided Rudraksha beads. A common type of Rudraksha mala used by Sadhus and priests is made up of five-sided beads. The panch Mukhi Rudraksha, ruled by Jupiter, is worn to foster individuality.
This Rudraksha is known to promote both intellectual and spiritual development. This Mukhi is highly significant in Vastu because of its association with prosperity and safety within the household. All of the chakras were in harmony after wearing this rudraksha.
This Rudraksha honours Kaalagni, a manifestation of Rudra. When worn, the five faces of the Mukhi bead neutralize negative traits in a person's personality, including anger, greed, lust, love, and ego. This particular five mukhi rudraksha is considered to be the most potent of all rudrakshas. Kalaagni is another name for this Rudraksha.
The five mukhi rudraksha is believed to improve health and promote inner peace. According to ancient Vedic texts, it aids in the regulation of blood pressure. The potent effects that this mukhi has on the psyche are the primary reason for its notoriety.
Wearing a Rudraksha with five different mukhis or faces is said to attract positive energy. The use of this rudraksha has been shown to improve a person's respiratory system. The wearer's intellectual and emotional development would greatly be helped.
It is calming to the mind and gives good luck to those who own it. This Rudraksha is also well-known for its ability to restore lost memories in situations when they have occurred. Whoever wears these five Mukhi Rudraksha amulets will never suffer an untimely death.
2. Spiritual Benefits
The 5 Mukhi Rudraksha, according to ancient texts, carries a powerful aspect of Lord Shiva. Kaalagni Rudra is the form of Lord Shiva that fought against evil in all its forms.
It is believed that it would only take a moment for him to unleash a power capable of annihilating the forces of evil. This mighty deity from the Rig Veda was responsible for ending the reign of evil Emperor Tripurasura. He freed the Devas, the Rishis, and mankind from oppression.
With ferocity and might, he ended a reign of horror that defied description. The three cities of Tripura were reduced to ashes in an instant by his weapon, the Kalaagni. The bad locals had no way to avoid Rudra's fury.
The five mukhi rudraksha aids people on their path to enlightenment by allowing them to experience Dharma, Artha, Kama, and Moksha. This Rudraksha is so significant that it is always included in the Shiv Mala and the Swasthya Bandh. Because of its strong energy, this bead is commonly paired with higher Mukhi Rudrakshas.
The spiritual benefits of the five mukhi rudraksha are plenty.
- The rudraksha is said to allow for Jupiter's influence to be felt through this Mukhi's potency.
- The negative aspects of Jupiter's special effects are effectively neutralized by a rudraksha with five mukhis. This is believed to have several positive effects on the wearer.
- People who are looking to improve their spirituality, mental fortitude, physical health, and overall well-being might consider wearing a five-mukhi Rudraksha.
3. Health Benefits
Apart from the spiritual and other general benefits, the five mukhi rudraksha also carries with them a plethora of different health benefits to the wearer.
- It is a medical blessing for people suffering from obesity, heart disease, high blood pressure, mental incapacity, stress, anger management, neurotic, maladjustment difficulties, diabetics, piles, and other conditions.
- It treats a wide range of ailments, including those affecting the foot, liver, eyes, bone marrow, kidneys, and so on.
- The primary purpose is to assist the wearer in lowering their sugar level and excess fat.
- It is believed to be beneficial for blood circulation and also assists in maintaining a healthy blood pressure level. It is claimed that the Pali type of this bead can be beneficial in the treatment of persistent coughs, colds, and sinusitis. It is thought to be the best way to achieve excellent health, mental tranquility, and protection against premature death.
How to Wear the Five Mukhi Rudraksha?
Wear the Rudraksha as soon as the above Pran Prathista puja is finished; have it energized by a Brahmin pandit in a Shiv temple. You can either wear a five-mukhi rudraksha around your neck or keep one in your sacred space.
These beads can be worn at all times, but are traditionally taken off while attending a funeral or the home of a newborn. Some people believe that you should not put this high-energy element anywhere near their bodies.
Do not let your hands get unclean or soiled before touching the Rudraksha. Keep it safely in a tiny box in your pooja room and pray to it every day if you can't wear it. Rudraksha should only ever be bought with one's own money.
Make sure the Rudraksha beads are strung on a sturdy mala or thread. Extreme caution must be exercised so that the beads do not break or scatter.
If you regularly wear a Rudraksha bead, you should abstain from eating meat and consuming alcohol. Wearing the Rudraksha on a Monday or Thursday is recommended since they are considered to be good luck days.
Who Should Wear the Five Mukhi Rudraksha?
Wearing a five Mukhi Rudraksha is recommended for those seeking the serenity of spirit, physical health, and a tranquil state of mind. Those suffering from a wide range of illnesses can also benefit from wearing a Rudraksha.
By wearing this Rudraksha, one is cleansed of their misdeeds and sins, brought into harmony with their life's mission, granted their deepest desires, and ultimately brought to a place of contentment.
According to legend, this bead protects its owner from harm and grants one courage in the face of danger. As a metaphysical practice, it opens up the channels via which the body's divine energy can flow.
The 5 Mukhi Rudraksha is said to bring comfort when held in the palms of both hands. The negative influences of Jupiter can be neutralized by wearing a 5 Mukhi Rudraksha. Anyone can benefit from wearing a Rudraksha.
5 Mukhi Rudraksha Wearing Rules
- Once a month, using almond oil and a soft brush, clean your Rudraksha with water and oil it.
- Repeat the mantra "Om Namah Shivaya" while wearing the Mala the following morning.
- When indulging in pursuits of flesh or during funerals, take off your Rudraksha Mala.
- The Rudraksha Mala should be taken off before eating or drinking anything that wasn't produced without the use of any animal products. However, our sacred texts also emphasize that they need not be removed at any point.
- It is up to the woman wearing the Rudraksha or Mala to take it off during her period if she so chooses. According to our sacred texts, ladies are free to wear Rudraksha as they like.
- The Rudraksha Mala can be charged by touching it to a shivling while reciting the mantra "Om Namah Shivaya" eleven times. It is considered to be highly beneficial to perform Rudrabhishek on the Rudraksha.
- Do your best to avoid using someone else's Rudraksha Mala and to retain a separate Mala for Japa and wearing.
5 Mukhi Rudraksha and Lord Rudra
Mrutyunjayaaya prevents early death. It is widely believed that Mrutyunjayaaya helps in the purification of the people’s sins in the form of Kaalagni Rudra. This is considered to allow the wearer to lead their intended lifespan.
A Sanskrit prayer known as the Rudram blatantly exalts Rudra. Lord Rudra is prayed to in several of the Anuvakas (stanzas) to drive away evil and grant prosperity, health, and money. The greatest level of protection can be attained with the use of a 5 Mukhi Rudraksha because of its resonance with a specific frequency.
Wearing a 5 Mukhi right next to your heart would allow you to feel his almighty power. It's impossible to accomplish anything else. A 5 Mukhi can be kept in every room of the house to ward against evil and invigorate the area.
Panch Mukhi Rudraksha Mantra
"Rudreshwara Heem Shailesh Jagadishwara Satguna Bhushaa" is how Rudra is addressed! Maha Rudra, Kala Rudra, Kalpanta Rudra, and Veera Rudra are some of his other names. He is believed to be the source of good fortune, bravery, and vibrant existence.
The 5 Mukhi rudraksha serves as a powerful instrument in the Hindu culture. The rudraksha carries with it several spiritual and health benefits, making it ideal to be worn. The energy emitted by this rudraksha can greatly serve to pave the way to tranquility and happiness for the wearer.